The type of visa you will require depends on the length of your study.

New Zealand Immigration offer International students two visa options.

I will be studying for 12 weeks or less

You can apply for a Visitor visa

You do not need to get a student visa. Learn more or apply(external link).

I will be studying for more than 12 weeks

You must apply for a Student visa

Having a student visa means you can study in New Zealand for a set time at a specified institution as a full-time student. Following your successful acceptance on an approved programme at NMIT, you are eligible to apply online(external link).

More information

Immigration New Zealand(external link)

Close drawer

a page loading spinner